We are going to show you some of the entries to our cocktail competition. There has been much clamouring for more detail on the winning entry as voted for by a panel of independent judges.
"Darth Mixer" by Katherine Keough-Jack
"Why this works for me - it not only looks fab, its a simple cocktail to make for a novice like myself. It includes two great whiskies which have worked better than expected together. Darth Mixer is fun and quick enough to make for those impromptu get-togethers that occur! The beginning of this cocktail has a taste of the 15 Years Old Glenfarclas, followed by a tropical storm then alcoholic tasting pineapples. Finished with a smooth but eye opening zing."
- 4measures pineapple juice
- 1 measure orange juice
- 2 measures Glenfarclas 15 Years Old
- 1 measure Glenfarclas 105
- 2 measures red Grenadine syrup (more if required to make it blood red)
- 2tbsp lime juice
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- Slice of lemon
- Sprinkle of sugar
- Gently stir the pineapple juice, orange juice and Glenfarclas 15 Years Old together and strain into the cocktail mixer, removing any bits from the juice
- Add the lemon and lime juice and shake (not stir!)
- Add in the Glenfarclas 105 to the mixer and gently stir til your heart's content (and its all mixed together)
- Add the Grenadine, 2 measures should be enough but more should be added if needed to create a blood red colour.
- Shake well to spread evenly throughout.
- Decorate the glass with a wedge of lemon and lime, and sprinkle of sugar around the edge.